The philosophy of the academy can be summed up in one word; “Quality”. We aim to provide children with the best possible resources, materials and experiences during their time with us.
Our expectation is that quality work will ensue from the children.
Our philosophy cannot be fully realised without the support of our parents and Governors, who form a vital partnership with us in ensuring that the best is offered and achieved by all children.
We will strive to enable all pupils at Edenthorpe Hall Academy to:
- Be happy, confident and independent individuals
- Be respectful and caring towards each other
- Be highly motivated to learn, with enquiring minds
- Be able to actively take responsibility for their own learning and encourage them to evaluate their achievements
- Be excited about the challenges that face them.
We aim to:
- Offer a broad balanced and creative curriculum that is lively, engaging and exciting
- Provide a curriculum that is rich and diverse and develops an understanding of the global community
- Support children’s learning by providing first hand experiences e.g. through an educational visit or a stimulating display
- Offer a child centred, personalised approach to teaching and learning
- Provide a clear structure of continuity and progression
- Provide a curriculum that will grow, taking into account emerging technologies
- Provide an enriched programme of extra curricular activities
- Set high, realistic expectations in both standards of work and behaviour
- Offer a stimulating learning environment for our pupils
- Work in partnership with parents, Governors and the community to provide the best learning experience for our children
- Offer pastoral care, guidance and support, providing a secure environment for our children.